It is important to you to ensure that your property retains its value, curb appeal, and safety. Therefore, you are probably aware of the need for routine maintenance and repairs. However, you may find yourself occasionally struggling with your fiscal forecasts, especially your asphalt paving budget. If so, the following tips may prove helpful.
Where Do I Start With My Asphalt Paving Budget Planning?
Planning a budget for 2023 can seem like a daunting task. The last few years have been something of a rollercoaster ride for many businesses, and 2023 is likely to have its share of highs and lows. As a first step, you should ask a trustworthy Atlanta paving company to evaluate the current state of your pavements. Once you know what you are dealing with, you can plan your paving budget accordingly.
What Is the Most Important Thing to Remember When Planning My 2023 Asphalt Paving Budget?
Ask a dozen parking lot paving contractors to identify the best way to ensure a long-lived pavement. All of them would likely name two things. The first is to be very selective about the paving company you choose to construct your pavement. An experienced, stable, reputable contractor will deliver a high-quality pavement without cost overruns or significant delays. The opposite will be more likely to happen if you choose an inexperienced or unscrupulous paving company. The second thing that your group of paving contractors would tell you is to be sure to budget for preventive maintenance and timely repairs.
What Do Atlanta Paving Professionals Mean When They Talk About Preventive Maintenance and Timely Repairs?
One example of a timely repair would be the installation of an asphalt patch to repair a pothole as soon as it develops. Any significant break in an asphalt pavement allows water to enter, work its way through all levels, and damage the supporting foundation. An effective preventive maintenance program can typically help reduce your need for costly repairs. You will want to make sure that your budget can cover the following procedures at the right time.
1. Sweeping: A clean pavement is less likely to develop problems. Hire a professional sweeping service to remove dirt, trash, and other debris on a regular basis. The frequency will depend on your specific needs. For example, some busy malls need their parking lots swept twice daily, but other businesses may only need monthly sweepings.
2. Cleaning: Oil and other petroleum-based automotive fluids can deteriorate asphalt pavements. You should remove these spills as soon as possible. Depending on the number of spills your pavement receives, you may need monthly or quarterly cleanings. At the very least, remove them every six months.
3. Sealcoating: Sealcoating blocks UV rays, helps your pavement resist damage from automotive fluids, and enhances your pavement’s resistance to water. Most Atlanta paving maintenance contractors recommend sealcoating within the pavement’s first year, then again about every two years.
4. Crack Repairs: You may need the help of your paving contractor to budget for crack repairs. Factors such as your pavement’s age, initial construction quality, and previous care can influence your need for crack repairs. So, too, can the number and weights of the vehicles that use your pavement. It is best to budget for crack repairs at least every six months.
5. Asphalt Resurfacing: This is a technique in which an asphalt company will remove two or three inches of an existing pavement. The contractor will then replace the asphalt to create a new surface. Most pavements need asphalt resurfacing every 10 or 12 years. However, a well-built, meticulously maintained pavement may not require resurfacing for 15 or 18 years.
The Surface Masters can help with your paving budget! We are a well-respected, highly experienced company with our headquarters in Marietta. Our services include asphalt paving and repairs, sealcoating, crack sealing, concrete curbing, pavement markings, and milling and reclamation. We have an exemplary reputation for high-quality workmanship and extraordinary service. For a free quote, simply fill out our online form. If you prefer, you can send an email to Info@TheSurfaceMasters.com, or you can call us at 770-250-6392.