Whether you are responsible for a large shopping center, a members-only store, or a small boutique, you know to expect more shoppers during the holiday season. It is common for retailers of all sizes and specialties to increase their inventory, hire temporary workers to increase their staff, and decorate their interior spaces. However, you should not overlook your asphalt parking lot when you are preparing for the holidays. There are three keys to making sure that your parking lot is ready for your holiday shoppers: cleanliness, safety, and convenience.
How Does the Cleanliness of an Asphalt Parking Lot Affect Holiday Shoppers?
Regardless of the season, shoppers dislike being forced to step over trash to go from their cars to your door. They also do not want to have to pick their way around potholes or birdbaths in your Atlanta asphalt parking lot. They would prefer to avoid slipping on oil slicks, getting mud on the soles of their shoes, or being forced to walk through a pile of dead leaves that accumulated during the autumn months. Have a professional sweep and clean your Atlanta asphalt parking lot to ensure that it is ready for the holidays. Otherwise, your dirty parking lot paving could encourage people to shop elsewhere.
How Can Retailers Make Their Asphalt Parking Lot Safer for the Holidays?
In addition to keeping your Atlanta asphalt parking lot clean, you should consider taking the following steps.
1. Asphalt Parking Lot Repairs: With vehicles coming and going frequently every day throughout the year, your commercial paving is subjected more wear than lightly used parking lots. The wear and tear on asphalt paving can be magnified if it must also support 18-wheelers delivering inventory. Asphalt parking lot repairs can make things safer for cyclists, pedestrians, and vehicles. Have a trustworthy asphalt paving repair contractor patch potholes and alligator cracks, smooth transitions and eliminate birdbaths, and fill or seal significant cracks. You may also need an asphalt parking lot repair if you notice water collecting around the edges of catch basins.
2. Parking Lot Striping: Your pavement markings and stripes play a significant role in the safety of an Atlanta asphalt parking lot. Make sure that your paint still retains at least 75% of its original visibility. Check for paint that is peeling, blistering, or cracking. If most of the markings and lines on your parking lot paving are in good condition, you might be able to find a contractor who will just touch up the problem areas.
3. Lighting: As the hours of sunlight decrease, the lighting in an asphalt parking lot in Atlanta becomes crucial for safety. Most stores have customers who do their shopping on their way home from work, so it is highly likely that many of them will be arriving or departing in the dark. Check the lights in your parking lot to make sure that they are all operational.
4. Concrete Repairs: Virtually every asphalt commercial paving in Atlanta has a few concrete features. Wheel stops, curbs, sidewalks, and curb ramps are among the most common concrete features used in conjunction with commercial asphalt paving. Make sure that all of these features are unbroken and in their proper position.
How Can a Retailer Make an Asphalt Parking Lot More Convenient for Holiday Shoppers?
During the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, people normally try to use their time as efficiently as possible. Here are a few suggestions for making your Atlanta asphalt parking lot more convenient for your customers.
1. Aisle Signs: If you have a large parking lot, signs at the end of each parking row can help customers remember where they parked.
2. Short-Term Parking Spaces: If you accept online or telephone orders that customers pick up in person, consider setting aside a few parking spaces for them near an entrance.
3. Navigational Assistance: Retailers often attract many first-time customers during the holiday season. Help them find their way around your parking lot by providing pavement markings or signs to identify the direction of traffic, the location of the exit, or an area that requires additional caution.
The Surface Masters can help you make sure that your asphalt parking lot in Atlanta is ready for the holidays. We offer a full range of parking lot paving maintenance services, including asphalt parking lot repair, asphalt paving, pavement markings, crack sealing, asphalt sealcoating, asphalt milling, and concrete curbing. We have decades of experience, a reputation for excellence, and a commitment to giving every customer our very best efforts. We offer free quotes, so submit your request by calling 770-250-6392, filling out the online form, or emailing Info@TheSurfaceMasters.com.